Multi-monitor setups are considered by professional gamers who play competitive games. Multi-monitor setups make gaming more immersive. Those who have just started playing these games should understand how to play a fullscreen game on a second monitor.
There are multiple ways to move a full-screen game to a second monitor. The process you choose entirely depends on the type of game you are playing, the settings on your monitor, and, of course, the graphics drivers installed on your monitor.
We’ll learn how to play a full-screen game on a second monitor in this article. Here are a few simple tools or settings you can use to shift your screen. Once your second monitor becomes your primary monitor, you can further customize the settings for playing games. Note that moving fullscreen games across monitors affects each monitor differently. Here are three methods you can use to find the perfect solution for your system.
Different ways to play a full-screen game on a second monitor
The first option is to use the projector mode
This is the first method for playing a full-screen game on a second monitor. For playing a fullscreen game on a second monitor, you can use the projector mode.
Let’s talk about how to play a fullScreen game on a second monitor.
- Ensure that the game is not playing.
- To switch to projector-only mode, press Windows key + p
- Choose the projector-only mode.
- In this way, your computer will receive signals from the secondary monitor, and you won’t be able to see the first monitor.
- On the secondary monitor, the fullscreen game will run perfectly.
- Play the game
- After the game has been launched, turn off the projector mode.
- You can play games on the secondary monitor now.
Second option: Make the second monitor the primary monitor
You can also use this method to move the fullscreen game to a secondary monitor. By default, the first monitor we use is the primary monitor. In order to make the secondary monitor your primary monitor, you must make several changes.
To set the second monitor as the primary monitor for Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Connect a second monitor to your computer.
- Right-click the mouse button on your desktop screen. There are a number of best Bluetooth mice available for gaming on the market. You will see a drop-down menu.
- Select the screen resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you can type the screen resolution in the search bar, which is located at the left corner of the desktop.
- Choose the desired screen resolution when the screen resolution settings are opened.
- The checkbox “Make this my main display” should be selected. You will see this option only when you select your display. You should be able to distinguish between these two monitors.
Please note that these steps are only applicable to the latest version of the operating system.
Users of earlier versions of Windows can make the second monitor their primary monitor by following the steps below.
- Search for the control panel in the start menu
- Select the category view in the Control Panel, and then either display or appearance, or it may be themed.
- Select the settings tab.
- Display settings with a subscript “2” are available.
- Check the box labeled “make this my primary monitor”.
- To apply these settings, click the Apply button. On the secondary monitor, you’ll see all your tasks.
You might see that the checkbox is already selected & the second monitor is not visible, in this case you need to choose a different square with subscript “1”.
Play with a different setting
You need to change your game settings now that your second monitor is your primary display. You can choose whether to play a game in fullscreen or in borderless windows by setting these settings.
Despite the fact that not every game has these settings, very few games allow you to modify them or choose the mode in which you want to play the game.
Before switching the display of a gaming application, it is highly recommended that you first set your desired primary display. You have to set up these settings manually, they don’t work automatically.
Third option: Use software tools
The last option is to move a fullscreen game to a second monitor. Switching your display screen with third-party software is one of the most reliable methods. For automating the process of switching display screens for games, there are several online tools available.
They allow you to change the HDMI audio and primary display, allowing you to play full-screen games on secondary monitors. You can also use these tools to modify other monitor settings, such as sleep or screensaver settings, prevent hibernation, or display games on the television.
Some applications are free, while others may be open-source. Using these tools will simplify the process of switching between screens and also enable you to control other settings.
Your settings made using these tools may be reverted after you’ve finished playing the game. Depending on the tool you used. You can find these tools & downloads on the internet to use on your display.
Note: The display of the fullscreen game on the secondary monitor is also affected by the graphics card installed on your system. Make sure that your graphics card is up to date and compatible with the game settings.
Here’s the conclusion!
Now you know how to play a fullscreen game on a second monitor. Option two, in which you can use your secondary display as your primary display, is the best way to switch the fullscreen game. The settings are built-in and easy to modify. All computer systems are compatible. Update your graphic card and video graphic drivers. You can easily modify your computer settings this way!